Find Your Intelligent Edge for Inner Growth
These live group sessions are designed to awaken, recharge and nourish you, and get you in touch with that which makes you feel alive.
Learn to play at your “intelligent edge” – that place where you are challenged to grow into a bigger being – with courage and mindfulness
It’s all about tapping the wisdom of your body so that it can serve as a super-efficient vehicle for this journey of life, rather than a dense, rebellious obstacle.
Because when you have the full support of your own body and mind, enthusiasm naturally arises.
Fall Semester 2015
Ayurveda Flow Yoga™ and Attunement Meditation
Thursdays from 6:30-8:15pm
Ayurveda is the language of Nature’s qualities. By understanding the qualities of a thing, you understand its innate nature. In Sanksrit, these qualities are known as gunas.
Ayurvedic Flow Yoga™ is the practice of attuning to the qualities that dominate your physiology and psychology, and learning to modify your yoga practice through knowledge of the doshas, the bio-energies that permeate every cell of our being.
There are several ways asanas and transitional Vinyasa movements can impact the doshas:
- Through the intention of the practitioner
- Through the qualities embodied in the asana or movement.
- Through the gaze
- Through the quality of breath while holding the asana or performing the movements
- Through the organs and structures they impact.
- Through the subtle nerve connections created by bandhas and
- And many more ways that we will be uncovering through the semester.
Mariko will guide you through her signature Fluid Vinyasa sequences that will leave you feeling balanced, rejuvenated and inspired.
Through Attunement Meditation™ you learn to sustain a clear inner channel, your connection your Highest Wisdom Source, and learn to receive the insights and answers you need to move forward in life.
This class will set you up to have an amazing week!
Tridoshic Flow Yoga™ and Attunement Meditation
Saturdays from 4 – 5:45pm
Tridoshic refers to the three doshas, or bio-energies of Ayurveda – Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Tridoshic Yoga™ is the cultivation of a refined awareness of our being, so that our yoga practice reflects our understanding of what qualities we need to create inner balance.
As Yoga in our culture evolves, we need to answer the urge to take it to a deeper, subtler place, and allow our inner findings to open the doors of perception in all dimensions of our lives.
Tridoshic Yoga™ is a part of this evolutionary movement of Yoga in the West that seeks to reconnect with its source and align its innovations with this essential, time-tested wisdom of Ayurveda.
Treading between cutting-edge innovation that pushes the creative boundaries of physical yoga practice, and deep respect for the ancient heritage of Yoga and Ayurveda, Tridoshic Yoga will revolutionize the way you approach physical yoga practice.
- Non-invasive, self-diagnostic methods to discern which dosha needs balancing today.
- Specific mudras you can incorporate into your practice to enhance your focus.
- How to modify your practice according to seasonal change.
- Which asanas and movements are beneficial to balance your specific
- How to recognize signs of imbalance and nip the development of disease in the bud.
We will complete the session with a Tridoshic balancing Attunement Meditation, which allows our body to vibrate to the highest frequency available to us.
Come discover a whole new way to practice, and take your yoga to the next level!